In the context of its efforts for the community’s qualitative upgrade and its conversion into a modern and anthropocentric community, the Community Council of Kato Moni has already completed several infrastructure and beautification projects that aim to upgrade the inhabitants’ was of living.
Below we mention some of the projects that have been completed:
- Reparation of the elementary school and construction of a new classroom.
- Maintenance of the church of the Saviour’s Transfiguration and modulation of its yard.
- Construction of a stone-built structure in the central street that crosses through the community.
- Naming and numbering of all of the community’s streets.
- Reparation of the rural streets.
- Reconditioning of the old fountain and of its plaza, both being at the village’s centre. The plaza will be paved and benches and lighting will be installed.
Construction of new community buildings at the centre of the village, which will include offices serving the needs of the Community Council, a multi-purpose hall, an open-air area for events / exhibitions, a sports’ field, parking lots, areas of green with a playground, lighting, and a cafeteria.
Some of the projects that the Community Council has scheduled are:
- Planting of trees in the main streets within the community and creation of new areas of green.
- Construction of a sidewalk in central street that crosses through the community.
- Grading of building-plots that will be granted to poor families.
- Replacement of the village’s entire water-supply network.
- Construction of a paved road on Agion Iliofoton Street.
- Creation of Nature’s Study Trail starting at the central square and terminating at the chapel of Saints Iliofotes. Trail length: 2000 metres.
- Creation of an Observation Point on the peak of the Koroni mountain height.